How To Create a Spreadsheet in Google Docs – Upload and share a spreadsheet in Google Docs
Google Docs is one of the best systems you can use when collaborating with other people in other parts of the country. Here you can see how to upload and share a spreadsheet with your Google Docs group.
1. First of all, prepare your spreadsheet and place it in a folder that you can easily access.
2. Open your Gmail account and click on the “Drive” option in the upper left corner of your screen.
You will be redirected to https://docs.google.com/
3. Before uploading, make sure the upload settings are correct. To do this, click on the gear icon, then on “upload settings” and finally “convert files you uploaded to Google format”.
4. Drag the mouse down until you see the “Go Up” button.
5. Click “Upload” and a menu will appear with two types of uploads, “Files” or “Folders”.
6. Click “Files” to import your file.
7. Select your file and click “Open” in the menu that appears.
8. The file will start uploading.
9. When you finish uploading, a link will appear to “share” the file.
10. Click on the link that says “Share” to invite your friends and colleagues.
Type in the email address of your friends or colleagues.
12. Sets the type of access of the person to whom you just shared the file, you can choose from “can edit”, “can comment” and “can see”. Click “Finish”.
13. After clicking “End”, your spreadsheet will say “Shared”.
14. Your spreadsheet should be able to open like a Google sheet so you can edit it right there.
To do this, click on the file and select “Open with> Google Spreadsheets”.
15. Now you and your friends will be able to open and edit the spreadsheet as if they were using Excel.
Click on the images to see a larger version.
This guide is intended for beginners.